Wednesday, November 25, 2009

VT buck & fresh sign





Hunted Vernon, VT today with Austin and Chris Bruneau. Bruneau shot a nice 8pt 130lb buck at 7:30 this morning. He was in the woods only 1/2 hour! Buck walked by him at 100 yds on a run. Heart shot took him. I found a few scrapes that had been reopened since last Monday. Their movin again! This afternoon, Austin and I set up a ladder stand for him for shotgun. On the way up, I checked my camera set over a scrape that hadn't been freshened in a couple of weeks. I had pics of does and a spike and small six checking the scrape. At 1pm, there were 15 pics on the camera, no fresh sign at the scrape. On the way back at 2:30pm, I pulled the chip and the scrape had been freshened! A check showed a nice 4pt with a broken main beam on the 21st at 10:30am and a nice six (no brows) at 1:34 pm! The buck had been there while we were up on the mountain scouting! I know where Austin will be set up on Monday. Happy turkey day. Shoot straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment