Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Does without fawns



November is here, It is time to start hunting some of my better stands. This morning I hunted a stand along a small oak ridge hoping to find a buck cruising, looking for a doe. On my way in I laid a scent trail of Tinks69 with boot pads. At 7:00am A lone doe followed the trail to 30 yds right in front of me. She looked to be a 1 1/2 doe, maybe 100-110lbs (of course I have no doe permit). She worked her way over the hill and out of sight. At 7:15 I heard a deer coming from the same direction the doe had gone. I could see what I thought was the same doe coming back, the deer basically backtracked where the doe had come down. As the deer got in front of me I realized that it was a small spike horn that I have pics of. Not exactly the deer I want to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment