Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting ready for Shotgun


I got out for a few hours this morning to move a treestand and have one last look around before opening day of shotgun and thanksgiving. It would have been a great morning to be out hunting. There was a light drizzle, and it was mild, it was quiet walking in the woods, lets hope we can get some of that come Monday.
I was able to find a couple of fresh scrapes up on the ridge where I was moving my stand, and it looked like the deer were starting to feed pretty heavy in the acorns. On my way out I stopped to take my camera out of the woods. The scrape my camera was on had been hit lightly and there was another scrape about 50 yds up the run that was fairly fresh. After checking the camera I found that I should have been in that stand on Friday the 20th. A nice 6 point that I have never got a picture of showed up.
That morning I did not go out because it was supposed to poor all day according to the weather the night before. I woke that morning to a pretty heavy rain that ended by about 8:30 or 9:00am. I remember thinking It would have been a great morning to be sitting on a scrape, assuming that bucks would want to freshen them after the hard rain. If I only listened to myself.

1 comment: