Saturday, November 21, 2009

End of Bowseason Review


I didn't see too much to end the season. The deer really seemed to be locked down from the 12th through the 17th or so. I went out on the 19th to move a treestand to get ready for the shotgun season and came across at least a dozen fresh scrapes. Some of the scrapes were reopened scrapes and some were brand new. I have not been back to my scrape camera to check on its activity, but I did refill the dripper on that scrape back on the 17th, and at that time it only had a couple pics of does on it.

While setting my stand on the 19th I did find a leg (still hair covered) of a small deer. It must have been killed by coyotes. The leg was small, I took a picture of it next to my GPS so everyone can see how small it was. Makes me feel better about laying the smack on the coyote on the 11th.

Now I'll have to wait until shotgun season to see if I can tag out for the first time ever. I have also started the process of cleaning my deer skull to make a european mount. I will post photos and an update on how the process went when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment