Friday, October 25, 2013

Oct. 22 early buck

In August Brian offered o show me a spot he used to hunt until he became lazy and wanted bigger deer that were easy to get to.  So I took him up on it and he dragged me a mile out and up a steep mountain.  It was a perfect spot and I would gladly kill myself to hike out there and hunt it

By early Oct I had pictures of 4 bucks regularly out there.  Opening day came and I sat all day I was in by 6 am and at 620 PM 4 bucks came through but not where I could shoot and the light was fading fast.  By the time they were in my lanes I couldn't see my pins.  Two of the big ones started fighting and smashing their antlers together pushing each other around and grunting. 

I stayed till they were gone and got down at 7:30.  The next morning I was right back determined to sit all day again.  Seated by six and it was windy so I couldn't really hear well.  At 7:10 I spotted a six point coming up t
he logging road.  He circled around and came into my mock scrape sniffed around and started eating.  At 7:20 he was quartering away at maybe ten yards so I took him.  Double lung hit ran maybe 50 yards and went down.  6 PT 126 LB.

No comments:

Post a Comment