Saturday, November 17, 2012

Feeling better!

  So its now Saturday the 17th. After spending yesterday morning looking for my deer and not finding it, I was pretty depressed and I did not hunt today. My brother hunted this morning and when he was done he checked a couple cameras. Low and behold he got my buck checking scrapes at 4:40 yesterday evening (nov 16th). The scar from my shot can be seen, and the deer may have a slight limp, but other than that he seems to be doing just fine.
   The most interesting thing to me was the scar...the shot appeared to have hit exactly where I was aiming. He was standing facing me, when he turned his shoulders to his left he exposed his chest on the right side, and I tried to slip the arrow behind his shoulder. From a stand at 20yds distance. I must have just caught the edge of that shoulder blade (it's a game of inches). At least he is still alive and well, which I think is every hunters worst nightmare (to possibly kill a deer and not recover it...never-mind a big deer).



No comments:

Post a Comment