Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week One Over!

Ok...so the first week of November is over. I shot a deer on Monday Morn, and on my way out that afternoon at 10:50am I saw a nice 8point with two does in a nearby field.  MW shot his 9 point Monday Eve. I saw a couple of does on Tuesday Morning in a stand near where I saw the big 8 the afternoon before. The stand is an Oak ridge that deer love to bed on top of. I have a second stand on the very top of that ridge closer to the bedding area, but I wasn't ready to get in that close yet. KS shot his 8pt on Tuesday Eve. Wednesday morn I hunted the stand I shot my buck last year out of, and although there is a lot of sign around, I saw nothing. Thursday and half of the day Friday it rained cats and dogs and I did not go out. Friday evening I did go out and went back to the stand I shot the spike out of, nothing. That same evening KS missed a 4pt that would have tagged him out of the season. Saturday morning I went back to the stand I had killed out of last year. Again there was a lot of fresh sign, there were 3 scrapes within 100yds of the stand, one of them was at 15yds in shooting lane. It is good to see sign around the stand, but it takes me an hour to hike out there...I don't know how many times I can make that hike without seeing deer. Saturday evening KS saw another deer out of the stand he had missed out of the night before, but could not tell if it had horns. That's it...still seems a little slow, I am hoping this next week will get deer moving, I haven't seen a deer since Tuesday, and other than KS, most guys have experienced the same slow action.

No comments:

Post a Comment