Saturday, November 28, 2015

Nov. 12

Nov. 12 was another warm day and it had rained a little on the 11th. I decided to go back to the stand I killed by buck out of earlier in the season as the area still seemed to be active with scrapes and buck sign. The ground was wet and the trees were still dripping from the rain during the night. The wind was calm and out of the south. At about 8:30 out of the laurel just 30yds away a coyote appeared. I had never heard it coming and never saw it due to the thick brush. The coyote walked straight in to me and at about 7 yds I drew my bow and made a lip squeak. The dog stopped and looked up and I released. The coyote only went about 10 feet before expiring. I continued to sit in the stand and about 1/2 hour later I looked up to see another coyote coming, as that one approached I noticed a second one not too far behind. I attempted to get shots at these two but I just couldn't get them to stop in the open. I have now seen 6 coyotes this year...that's probably more than every other season combined...maybe I need to do a little late season calling once the deer season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment