Sunday, November 9, 2014

Not A Deer

   Its not Sunday the 9th and I still haven't seen a deer. Today one friend reported seeing a buck chasing 3 does but he was the only one with a sighting. I sat the same stand that I hit my big 9 pointer from 2 years ago. This stand only seems to produce when deer are on the move, then the swamp edges push the deer past me. At about 9:30am I heard some footsteps coming down the edge of the swamp. They were very loud and I did not think it was a deer, and it wasn't. I large cow moose followed the script and walked down the swamp edge and walked right into my shooting lane just like the deer do. She stepped directly in front of my trail camera and showed me her best side before show moved off....only to come back up through a few minutes later. Let's hope that a deer does the same before this season is over. I shot some pretty good video on my phone but the file is too large to put on the blog. I had to chop it into a pieces to get it on the blog. Here are some of the vids and the view from the trail camera (see below).
    As far as deer movement, it may actually be starting to happen. I had a small buck come through this same stand 2 days ago at 3:30pm, and my brother got pics of one of the 8 pointers we've been getting pics of near one of my other stands at 3:30pm on this past Thursday (the day of the storm).

No comments:

Post a Comment