Saturday, October 25, 2014

First Night

Well I'm in a tree for the first sit  of the year.  I know I haven't thrown any posts up yet but I'm going to get on it. As far as big bucks for this year, i really don't have any slammers.
   There is 1 really big 8 (the big nine I hunted last year). He is huge but as soon as acorns started falling he disappeared, I haven't had a pic of him in almost a month. There is another 8 that might go 130", after that there are a lot of smaller bucks (more than usual).
   Scrape activity is just getting going.  Tonight I'm sitting on a scrape line that just opened up this past week. I had six different bucks checking the scrapes along with some does.  I do have a doe tag, so maybe I'll get a chance to fill it.
   It's been pouring rain and windy for the last 3 days.  I'm hoping something comes through to freshen up the scrapes.  It's a little windy but not hopefully it dies down a bit before dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment