Saturday, October 25, 2014

First night results

Last night turned out to be a pretty good night. It was very windy and chilly, but as the night went on the wind at least took a few breaks. At about 5:30 two skippers ran by me like the were on fire. I had several pics of a doe with a button buck and doe fawn,  so I immediately assumed it was them playing around.  Not too far behind the fawns was the mother.  She was in the Laurel feeding on acorns at about 30 yds. As she reached my shooting lane she turned and walked away from me out to about 45 yds before turning and walking to my left out of sight followed by the two little ones.
   Just as they moved off I looked back to where they had come from and there was a decent 4 pointer now feeding about 30yds away. He was very nervous with the windy conditions but he was perfectly up wind so I wasn't too worried. He stayed in the thick brush as it continued to get dark, at times as close as 20 yds. He then moved back out to thirty yds before walking away on the path the doe took.  I have had 6 different bucks on the camera at this stand, but I don't think he was one of them.  I plan on checking the camera when I get down this morning and will post a pick if he's on there.
....well, I checked the camera and the buck I saw last night did not show up on it. But two other bucks that I had previously captured were. One was a decent 8 point, he came during the heavy rain and wind on the 21st and appears to be a little jumpy because of it.The second buck was a tiny 5 pointer that I have got several pics of at this location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment