Saturday, November 16, 2013

Nov. 11th (Veterans Day)

Apparently Veterans Day this year was a good day to be in a stand, not necessarily the stand I was in, but in general deer seemed to be moving. The morning wind on the 11th was primarily west but was supposed to switch to the south around lunch time. I decided to hunt the same stand I hunted the previous day where I encountered The Mutant. The day was pretty breezy but tolerable. At 10:30am I had a fork horn come through, the wind had him pretty jumpy and he worked himself inside of 15yds, but it was almost behind me and he never presented a shot. At around noon time the wind began to switch to the south. This blows my scent directly into the swamp that most of the deer come out of, so I decided to move. Wouldn't you know that the Mutant came back out of the swamp the same way he had on the previous day, this time at 2:30pm. After checking numerous cameras after the last few days, there seems to have been a good amount of activity all around from the 7th through the 12th, here are a few vids.







No comments:

Post a Comment