Sunday, January 31, 2010

Survivors












































It's time for a late season update. I was able to get my cameras back out in the woods a couple of weeks ago. I placed one about a mile out (near where I killed my deer this year). The other was placed in a small saddle where I located two large runs where the deer are crossing a brook. This area is nice because the brook runs off the mountain in a fairly deep ravine, which I can use to access the saddle without spooking deer. Today I checked this camera. There were deer tracks everywhere and I had 78 pictures on the camera in just 2 weeks. A few bucks, one of which was a 5 pointer that I had pics of during the season checking a scrape. A 4 point that I have never seen or had any pictures of. The last appears to be a small racked 6 or 8 point. He has already lost his antler on the right side. I had lots of doe pictures, the does appear to be grouped up (one pic showing 4 in a group). The bucks still seem to be running solo. I still haven't been able to get out to the other camera, maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment